Monday, December 9, 2013

South American Teams On Modern Bases

A little change of focus for today's post which has a South American flavour.  Two very simple kits that I painted a few years back on SCco 2k4 figures. The Chile national team is on Stefan Corda Image II bases while the Santos is on Santiago Spitfire bases.

My son and I gave these two teams a run out at the weekend after watching a documentary about the legendary Brazilian duo Pele and Garrincha.  I'm not sure why the Chile team won out when the natural choice was a Brazil!

We had a busy Subbuteo weekend recreating some of the English Premiership matches as well as playing a Manchester United Home v Man Utd Away fixture using the United Box Set - (my son's reasoning was at least one of them would lose - whilst not accurate it made me laugh). All but one of our matches were played using teams on different bases. I always find it interesting playing matches with teams on different bases as match tactics need to be adopted and changed to get the best from each base type.

Chile - Stefan Corda Image II, 2k4 figures

Santos - Santiago Spitfire, 2k4 figures

I really like the look of the Image bases and the tricolour works well on this Chile team. When it comes to match play I can get a good long curl on them but haven't had nearly enough practise with them to get proficient at curling over short distances. The Santos team is as simple as a paint job can get, but on the lily white, solid base they look stunning. For me the Santiago Spitfire is a great, versatile base and one of my favourites - they have a little of everything.

Result: Chile won 2-0

...and Man Utd home were beaten 4-0...so my son was right!


No comments:

Post a Comment